At DIG Coaching, we publish a variety of articles related to ADHD and coaching; however, most of our articles are ATTENTION-based. They illustrate how what is obvious is a function of what you are attending to or how, if the obvious solution isn’t working, then it is likely you are paying attention to the wrong thing. Many ask why write on such topics. The answer is illustrated in the following quote:
“The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.” ~Daniel Goleman
You see, our writings are ATTENTION-based because most don’t notice what they fail to notice and what they don’t notice is how much influence attention has on impacting our reality!
Click the title of the article below to enter your email address and download a copy of the article, and to be added to our e-newsletter mailing with other articles.
Failing Forward at the School of Hard Knocks
Jeff Copper December 2008
Textbooks transfer knowledge to help you learn how things work, but the only way you can learn to apply the knowledge is by enrolling in the school of hard knocks. This article examines how to graduate from the school of hard knocks with a degree in failing forward. Understanding this distinction is helpful for those with attention deficit disorder (ADD). This article can be a helpful tool for an adult ADHD coach.
Hocus Pocus: The Trick is in Choosing Your Focus
Jeff Copper January 2009
In this article, ADHD Coach Jeff Copper, head coach at DIG Coaching Practice, metaphorically waves his wand revealing the magic behind his five-step process that takes you from "stuck" to "aha," enabling you to "Find the Obvious Solutions When They Aren't So Obvious!" ADHD coaching isn't magic, but it illustrates how what they attend to is key for those with attention deficit disorder (ADD).
Top of Page
Gain access to the entire DIG Coaching article library for just $4.99. We have well over 50 articles in our archives with more being added monthly, with popular titles such as:
- How Sara Managed Sound to Manage Her Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Stuck, and How to Get Unstuck
- Puberty: "My Teenager's under the Influence...."
- THE OBVIOUS To-Do List vs. HER To-Do List
- Failing Forward at the School of Hard Knocks
- Problems, Obvious Solutions, and Alternatives When You Get Stuck
- Miscasting: Just a Bad Cast or the Wrong Hobby?
- Two Sides of Attention
- Paradigms: Defined, Illustrated, and Applied
- What Does “Modality” Have to Do with Organization? Everything!
- What is Your Ego Paying Attention to?
- ADHD: To Shout Out or Not to Shout Out; That is the Question
- The ADHD Brain: The Hardware (Physical Brain) and the Software (Mindful Brain)
- Do You Have ADD Plus?
- Which Version of ADD Do You Have?
- And many more
Purchase access to the entire library to help you pay attention to the right thing and help you move forward when you’re stuck.
Top of Page